How we use your information
This privacy notice together with the WFWI (UK) Website Terms and Conditions tells you what to expect when Women for Women International (UK) (“WFWI (UK)”) collects your personal information. It applies to all personal information we collect, including (but not limited to) personal information we collect about:
- people who donate through our sponsorship programmes or more generally to us;
- people who subscribe to our newsletter or request a publication from us;
- visitors to our websites which are available at the following URLs (or such other URLs as WFWI (UK) may use from time to time): www.womenforwomen.org.uk, and www.womenforwomeninternational.org.uk, collectively and individually the “Site”;
- people who subscribe to or comment on our blogs; and people who submit enquiries to us via the Site.
People who donate through our sponsorship programmes or more generally to us
WFWI (UK) offers various services on its Site, including services through which visitors can donate to WFWI (UK) in various ways. To deliver and promote these services effectively, we have to hold the details of relevant people who use such services. We only use these details in connection with the purposes for which they are provided to us or obtained and for other closely related purposes.
People who subscribe to our newsletter or request a publication from us
In addition to using details of people to provide relevant publications and/or our electronic newsletter, we might send similar or related publications or information to those people. People can cancel their subscription to our publications and/or our electronic newsletter straightforwardly and at any time by following the unsubscribe link in an email that is sent to me, or by sending an email to email@example.com.
Visitors to and users of the Site
When someone visits or uses the Site we collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service and in particular for reasons including but not limited to the following:
- our internal record keeping;
- to help diagnose problems with our server and Site; and
- to administer and improve our services and to understand the special interests and individual habits of our users so that we can personalise the services we make available to you.
We use session cookies for the online account on our website. Their purpose is to keep the user logged in while browsing through the site. They expire at the end of the session so the next time the user visits the website, s/he will have to log in again.
Google Analytics cookies
We have a Google Analytics code placed on our website. This enables us to collect data on user behaviour and visitor numbers so we can optimize our website in terms of content and functionality.
- Determining visitor session: e.g. how long lasted a session and what did the user do during one session. This helps us to improve the way the site works.
- Tracking traffic sources & navigation: Where did users come from, e.g. Google, harpersbazaar.co.uk, etc.
Your cookie preferences
To make full use of the site, your computer or mobile device will need to accept cookies, as the website will not function properly without them. In addition, cookies are required in order to provide you with personalized features on the site.
Amending cookie preferences
If you would like to find out more about cookies in general and how to manage them (including removing cookies), please visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
People who submit enquiries to us via the Site
We will use the details of people who submit enquiries to us via the Site only for the purpose of answering those queries and for related subsequent communications.
Access to personal information
WFWI (UK) is registered with the Information Commissioners Office (“ICO”) as a data controller under the Data Protection Act 1998, with Registration Number Z1460878.
Individuals can find out if we hold any personal information by making a ‘subject access request’ under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you make such a request and we do hold information about you, we will:
- give you a description of it;
- tell you why we are holding it;
- tell you who it could be disclosed to; and
- let you have a copy of the information in an intelligible form.
To make a request to WFWI (UK) for any personal information we may hold you need to put the request in writing and send it to our Data Protection Officer at the address provided below. If you agree, we will try to deal with your request informally, for example by providing you with the specific information you need over the telephone. If we do hold information about you, you can ask us to correct any mistakes also by contacting our Data Protection Officer.
Disclosure of personal information
We will not generally disclose personal data to third parties without consent, however there are circumstances where we may pass on personal data without your consent, for example, to prevent and detect crime, to comply with any legal obligation or to produce anonymised statistics.
Personal data that we collect may be transferred or processed outside the EU.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. We have put in place technical and organisational measures that are designed to safeguard and secure the information we collect via the Site.
Links to other websites
This privacy notice does not cover the links within the Site linking to other websites. We encourage you to read any privacy statements on the other websites you visit.
How to contact us
The Data Protection Officer
32-36 Loman Street